February 6, 2011

Q&A

1.      What is the purpose of this blog?

This blog is intended to provide information about how the field of robotics can have a positive impact on people’s lives. Along with applications of robotics I would also like it to provide some easy to understand technical information about current and near future robotics.

2.      Who is the imagined audience(s) of this blog?

I imagine the audience to be college students, and random people who are bored at work and trying to kill time.

3.      Have my posts matched up with my purpose/audience?  What/who might I be overlooking in defining my purpose/audience this way?

Up to this point I think the blog has done a decent job of reaching the intended audience but I’m probably overlooking the people who actually work in the area of robotics. I think they would find this blog a little too general to be interesting.

4.      What can I do to encourage more reader participation with my blog?

Either ask more questions or write more interesting and thought provoking posts. Currently robotics does not involve too many controversial topics but there are many different issues that could arise at technology continues to progress.

5.      How can I expand my audience in this class?  Outside of this class?

I could use a wider variety of posts that would include information about more advanced technical information.

6.      How would I characterize the tone of my blog?

Serious but informal (most of the time).

7.      What do I hope to get out of writing this blog?

I would say a good grade but that answer is not allowed so I’m going to go with a chance to practice my communication skills and learn a little bit more about robotics in the process.

8.      What would I like others to get out of it?

I would like people to have a better understanding of how robotics is starting to work its way into society and the benefits that can come of this.

9.      What are the strengths of my blog/my blogging?

Links to a variety of different types of information sources such as videos, news reports and technical papers.

10.  What are the weaknesses?

Some parts are a little boring.

11.  Have I used a deficit model in my writing, or something else?  How would I know?

Definitely the deficit model, since its just information.

12. How have I characterized (implicitly or explicitly) science, engineering, and/or technology in my blog?

I think the general characterization in the blog is that science and technology can be helpful for most people.

No comments:

Post a Comment