May 4, 2011

State of the Blog Address (self evaluation #3)


Since the end of the last grading period I have posted 10 posts plus a final post (coming soon) to close out the blog. With these latest posts I have continued to explore the many different applications for robotics. As I began doing in the second period I have kept more of the posts on the shorter side and try to include a video or some other media as well. This helps keep the posts interesting and provides some good basic information without requiring too much time for a reader to get through. The problem with this approach is it detracts from the potential some of the topics brings for discussing things like social impact or future potential. A better approach might be to use my current methodology for most of the post but then also add intermittent posts which focus more on the potential social, political and/or economic impact of a particular robot. This might provide a better balance between the longer but unfocused posts and the shorter but shallow posts.

In the area of commenting I haven't been quite as consistent. I have one comment on the blog Designing Pluto's Playground along with two others on my own blog is response to other comments. I do, however, read some of the blogs even though I don't comment very often. Of the ones I have read, my favorite is Designing Pluto's Playground because of the unique and creative inventions featured in many of the posts along with the fun and lighthearted voice. Some of the more technical blogs are interesting as well but after spending so many hours each day studying I sometimes get a little tired of the technical information no matter how well it is presented.

No comments:

Post a Comment