March 23, 2011

State of the Blog Address (self evaluation #2)

Disclaimer: The following has almost nothing to do with robotics. Proceed at your own risk.


Since the last self evaluation I have made five posts. This first is on robot hands and was subjected to a public evaluation. Fortunately, for my sake, most people seem to feel that this post was over all a good one do to the captivating introduction and the use of short but relevant videos. The second post is about IBM’s Jeopardy playing computer named Watson. This was one of my first attempts to provoke some discussion but it didn’t work very well. I believe this is due to the post being too long and the questions I pose not being relevant to what people are interested it.

Not to be deterred, I continued on with a series of post about autonomous robot cars. In an attempt to rectify some of my earlier mistakes I made these post shorter and more to the point. This topic naturally leads to some interesting points of discussion, some of which I address briefly and others I leave for the readers to discern for themselves. If the number of comments is any indication then I am doing slightly better. It probably also didn’t hurt that most people would consider fully autonomous automobiles to be much cooler than a Jeopardy playing robot.

I know I’ve made 2 or 3 comments on other blogs since the last evaluation but I can’t remember where some of them are. The only one I can remember is on Designing Pluto’s Playground in the post taking playing with your food to a whole new level. I’ll try and keep better track of where I leave comments from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment